Hey everyone!! I’m back!!
I have been gone in California for the past 8 days, and was too busy enjoying every second with all my old college buddies that I didn’t blog!! I get to see them once a year so it was so important to me to spend every second with them!!
There was so much that I did while I was there!
1. Sunday I went to the MTV Movie Awards with my girls!!! (weren’t allowed to bring our cameras in so no pics from that…sorry!)
2. worked out every morning for at least 1.5-2 hours (to stay in shape….Katie and I have a qualifier this coming weekend in galveston)
3. spent TONS of time on the beach :-)….dug my feet in the sand and dipped them in the water several times for my Big Sister!!! (Love you!)
4. Ate lots of amazing food (not many pics of that either…sorry!!)
5. Went out several times and got to dance the night away!! So fun!!
6. Enjoyed being there for my friends as the graduate college and move on to their “big kid” jobs!!
7. Got to see my good friends families and celebrate with all them!
8. Got to meet my friends new friends who immediately made me feel like family!
9. Was able to see one of my best friends ever, Mario, who plays soccer in Spain….definitely a highlight!
Overall, this entire week was just amazing….I am happy to get back to training in the sand everyday again, but I miss my friends so much already.
One thing I realized when I moved back to Texas, is how much I truly cherished my friends out at Cal Poly. When I started school out there they became my family. I depended on them so much, and they were always there for me. The amazing thing about this entire trip is even though everyone has moved on and made new friends when we all got together again for the week it felt as though we just picked up where we left off. I think that truly defines a true friendship…being able to pick up where you left off at!
Do you have any friends that are like that??
here are just a few photos….I didnt take a ton b/c I kept forgetting my camera :-(….and it doesn’t have flash lol so a lot of pics didnt show up 😦
Caitlin then took us to this amazing frozen fruit place that is new in the city….they take real fruit, and blend it with ice and it turns into this shaved ice-ice cream stuff…don’t really know how to describe it but I got the Bomberry and the melon…
It was then beach time….I had worked out really hard earlier that morning so it was so nice to go to the beach and hang out, we played corn hole and laid out on the beach enjoying one anothers company,….not to mention we had some nice reggae music playing in the background…
I had also gotten the roasted beet salad from Trader Joes before the beach one day and it was sooooooo amazing!! I highly suggest you get that if you have a trader Joes near you!
While I was in SLO (San Luis Obispo, CA…aka paradise) Caitlin and I went into this store called Bamboo Bantu, and I purchased a pair of bamboo sandals and this scroll thing to put in my room!!
I love it because it has all these good quotes and sayings about love, and life etc. which helps me keep a calm heart mind and soul for the day 🙂
Zen- “if there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person. If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house. If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation. If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world.”
I am so excited for this week of training, coaching, and teaching spin. There will be a couple more updates as the days go on! I hope everyone else had a great week last week, as well as a great one this week!!