Happy Hump Day!
In celebration of the upcoming holiday I have snacked on a few chocolate M&M’s, and came to work with some Valentines Lips….aka red-ish chapstick and a little gloss on top 🙂
So not seductive at all lol….
I made Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
Adapted from this recipe at eating well
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and salt and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the sweet potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
**I chopped up 2 jalepeno peppers and threw them in, and instead of EVOO I used cooking spray, and added a few splashes of hot sauce….I like my chili fiery 🙂
PS. I have my personal trainers interview today with 24-hour fitness! 🙂 wish me luck!